Friday 8 April 2011

Evaluation - In what ways does Spinnaker News use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

After studying a range of local newspapers, I managed to pick out the general conventions employed by these.
Newspapers such as The NewsDorset EchoPetersfield Post
These all supplied me with the forms and conventions of a local newspaper.

Evaluation of similar forms and conventions.pdf


Areas I challenged/developed

 

I added this advert in my inside page layout, this was unconventional as it was placed amongst the articles on the page, a feature that I have not come across in the News.












I developed on features on the news website, such as adding the image of the front cover on the home page. 

The front page headline was contrasted with a rather humourous image of the snow. The photo didn't have any direct human interest, however the gnomes represented the people in an interesting way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment